The Full Story
People Profit Planet at World Stage Design 2013
5 - 15 September
World Stage Design 2013 is a celebration of international performance design from the world of theatre, opera and dance held in Cardiff, Wales / Caerdydd, Cymru, from 5 - 15 September.
People, Profit, Planet is the sustainability strand of the conference.
- WHO'S AFRAID, a multi-media performance by Rhodri Hugh Thomas in collaboration with Carolina Vasquez
- White Light Lighting Company and The Environment, a talk with Bryan Raven
- Environmental Management Approaches in the Theatre – from Life-Cycle-Analysis to Reporting, with Dr. Annett Baumast
- Designing a Sustainable Theatre Ecology with Ben Twist and Harry Giles
- New Ideas Need Old Buildings: Adaptive Reuse and the Performing Arts, with Jean-Guy Lecat,
Director, Studio JGLecat; Andy Hayles, Managing Partner, Charcoalblue; Jean Nicholson, General Manager, Birmingham Opera Company
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell Car Challenge with Arcola Theatre
- The Man Who Planted Trees, a performance by Puppet State Theatre
- Sustainability at World Stage Design with Ian Garrett, Sustainability Programme Coordinator, Assistant Professor of Ecological Design for Performance (York University, Toronto) and Co-Director of the Centre for Sustainable Practice in the Arts and World Stage Design 2013
- Eco Design and Sustainable Production Practice with Sholeh Johnston / Julie’s Bicycle
- The Aesthetics of Ecological Design with designer Tanja Beer and philosopher Wallace Heim
- Resilience in the Face of Challenge Creu Cymru, presented by Emergence
- 'Doin’ Dirt Time' based on an interview with Suzi Gablik, performed by Fern Smith, Philip Ralph and guest artist
- Walking to the Summit, a film by Peter Telfer and Dan Gifford
- Trans – Plantable Living Room, a performance in an edible stage
- Designing Sustainably for Broadway, with Donyale Werle.