The Full Story
Greening theatre news
Bush Theatre 'show and tell' - 15 January 2013
The Bush Theatre is hosting a green lighting show and tell on 15 January from 6:30pm to 10:00pm at the theatre, 7 Uxbridge Road, London.
You should bring something green (the show & tell bit). Some ideas are:
- A green lighting product - low energy/easy to recycle/...
- Some information about what you are doing
- Some things that you tried that did (or did not) work
- Ideas on how to get everyone to help you.
For more information, visit the event description.
Arcola Green Sunday - 10 December
Arcola Theatre is celebrating the completion of their new building by hosting a Green Sunday - Eating, Heating and Season's Greetings, on December 9, 2012 from 2pm to 6pm. It takes place at the the theatre, 24 Ashwin St, E8 3DL.
- A tasty local food and drink fayre celebrating our new local sustainable bar suppliers
- An uplifting performance by Hackney Voices Community Choir
- Tours exploring the sustainable improvements at Arcola: a renewable energy heating system (biomass / solar thermal), solar pv-powered DC microgrids, natural ventilation
- A panel discussion of Arcola's progress towards carbon neutrality with some of the experts helping us along the way
- A Give and Take event organised by Forest Recycling Project: a chance to get the perfect Christmas gift
More information here.
Green Theatre Network session at ICA - 28 November
Julie's Bicycle, LIFT and the ICA are holding a Green Theatre Network session on delivering sustainable power to the performing arts sector, 28th November 14.00 - 18.30 in the Members Room, ICA, London
On the back of recent work with the festivals and outdoor events industry, Julie's Bicycle is developing a new approach to power which will help both site-specific work and venue-based productions reduce the carbon and costs attached to energy.
Aimed at production managers and producers, the afternoon will host discussions and explore practical guidance on how renewable energy solutions and efficiency measures can improve environmental performance. We aim to make the afternoon as practical as possible, demonstrating technology and practice directly applicable to the performing arts, and case studies of companies that are already using and benefiting from a more sustainable approach.
For further information on the program and speakers check the event details.